Saturday, November 27, 2004

Arrgh, Me Visa she has arrived mateys...

4 Weeks and 2 days to go...

My Visa arrived after only lodging my application a week before, which I thought was pretty impressive. They tell you to wait up to six weeks. Alice waited three and we both thought that was pretty good, but I think my one week wins the prize. Whatever prize that is...

And things are starting to get a little stressful, especially with Christmas just around the corner. Money is a tad tight, but I'm sure everything will work out fine.:) Everything always does. Evidence of this for this week - one of the girls here is leaving on a succondment. It was her position that I came in to originally before working on the BMC project. Now she's going, I mentioned to my boss that I would like to stay on until I leave, and he was okay with that! So that ellivates a few money woes that I was suffering from.

In the next few weeks, tasks are:
  • My birthday dinner - I've paid my deposit, just need to buy a dress!
  • Pack up my things that I don't want to take with me and don't need in the interim, take them to mum's and store them in her garage;
  • Go through my wardrobe and discard of clothes - ruthlessly!
  • Sell my car;
  • Organise uni - UQ has approved my cross-institutional application, now I just have to wait for them to send me my grades transcript so that I can send the application to UNE.

And, of course, somewhere in there I have to buy Christmas pressies for everyone. AAAAAARGH! What a brilliant time of year to move, Melanie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home