Saturday, February 12, 2005

A Loverly Bunch of Coconuts.

Last night was lots of drunken frivolity...again. I went out with the people from work for goodbye drinks for one of the guys. We went to this pub at London Bridge, just across from the Borough Markets. When I was leaving about 11pm they were already unloading all the produce for the next day. The place is huge! I'm defintely going back next weekend to get lots of fresh fruit and veg and flowers and things.

So anyway, back to the drinking, while we were there I met up with my friend Jaimee who I used to work with at Justice. She's been here for about six months now and it was really awesome to catch up with her. Hopefully next week I'll be going out to dinner with her and some of her Aussie friends - expand my circle a bit.:)

I was one of the last to leave and, being a bit intoxicated, upon finding the entrance to the London Bridge tube closed it didn't occur to me that there may be other entrances. So I went wandering off in search of another tube station. By myself, in the rain, late at night, and no idea where I was - probably not the best idea I've ever had but at least the intoxication meant I wasn't scared:D. So eventually I came across a tube station, caught it back to London Bridge, changed trains, changed again at Waterloo. By this time, I really needed a bathroom, so I went to the one at Waterloo and they charge 20p to use the toilets!!!! And they only take 20p coins or two 10p coins. Just as well I had a 20p coin on me...

So anyway, back on the train, I had sobered up sufficiently by the time I got to Wimbledon to consider that taking a taxi home would be wise.

I walked into our building and the resident cat was there curled up on one of the doormats. He's so cute! Big and fluffy and white with orange spots! We've built up quite a repore. He followed me all the way upstairs and came into the flat and explored for a little bit while I defrosted a bit of mince for him.


And really, considering my late night and far too many glasses of wine, today I'm feeling quite chirpy. It's all about Vitamin B, people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home