Saturday, June 04, 2005

Canned Heat in my heels...

Again I've had a very busy and productive week, although I can't say much for the assignments I was meant to have written... they'll get done, though, it's just a matter of finding the motivation! And finding things to say...

Monday was a bank holiday and the weather was really bad which was fine - it meant I wasn't too keen to go outside and instead stayed in with the intention of writing my assignments. I wrote half of one - it's a start, right? RIGHT?!

Wednesday night I played netball - centre all game again, so I was exhausted by the end - and it was raining and miserable, making for a very slippery, dangerous game. But we won! And we got our terribly unattractive team shirts too. At least we got the light blue ones - some of the other teams have gotten stuck with hideous colours.

Last night was surprise drinks for Kristine, who is heading back to NZ after two years here. We had a great time - I drank FAR too much red wine and, true to form, danced the night away in ridiculous heels and stayed until the club closed at 3am. My feet are very very very very sore today! So at 3am this morning I was walking barefoot down Regent Street in Soho - very classy look. You know the one - bag in one hand, heels in the other, trudging along and singing.... We had an 'interesting' ride home. The taxi driver stopped at an all-night Tescos for us and I stayed in the car while he tried to convince me to call him and hook up with him and his extended Lebanese family at some point. Although completely off my face, I was sober enough not to answer in either the positive or the affirmative - just laughed at him:D.

So we got back to Jody and Kris' and at 4am this mornign were cooking Nachos as the sun rose. There's a reason I shouldn't eat stuff like that...I'm feeling ever so delicate today:S. Needless to say, when we got up this afternoon the kitchen was a nightmare and we were all feeling very under the weather. I managed to walk to the train station in my heels, but once I got to Wimbledon I went straight to H&M and bought a pair of thongs (I mean, 'flip-flops':D) to walk home in...and I may or may not have allegedly bought a dress while I was there. Once I get photos from Jody from last night I'll post them up - They were taken early on so I don't look too trashy.:D

Also, in good Organised Mel news, I've FINALLY got a proper bank account with a card I can use anywhere around the globe AND in shops, so hopefully the Turkey no-money fiasco will not be repeated. Also my business accounts are almost set up. Next week's primary task will be organising to register with a Doctor and a Dentist.

So yes, busy week, but a fun one.:) Hopefully the next week will bring more of the same.

Oh and I didn't realise that people couldn't leave comments on this journal unless you had your own blog, so I've now changed that so anyone can leave comments if you so desire.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home