Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cruel Irony, or Happy Coincidence?

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Certain things happen because they're meant to lead to other things. And I truly believe that the universe sends us signs, tells us what we're meant to do or what we're not meant to do. Today was one of those days ...

So I was on the train on the way to work and I fainted (don't worry mum, I'm fine!) and it's funny because on the trains and on the tubes here no-one talks to each other, let alone makes eye contact. Although sometimes I do the latter just to freak people out:D. But of all the trains to faint on, I did so on that one. And the people around me were really nice - gave up a seat for me, some guy gave me his bottle of water, two women gave me some sugary food they had in their bags, and another tied my hair back for me and held my cardigan. Sometimes it's nice to have your faith in human kindness reaffirmed, even if it is because of weird circumstances. Anyway, when we got to Waterloo this woman helped me off the train and took me to the Boots chemist and bought me a lucazade, even though I had my wallet out ready to pay. We introduced ourselves along the way, she asked what I did, I told her I was a journalist and, lo and behold, so is she! Not only that, but she's the head of the Special Programs division for GMTV, probably the biggest network and news program here next to the BBC. And she said to me if I wanted some freelance work to send her my details (she gave me her card), but obviously she couldn't guarantee anything.

Funny how things turn out, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home