Sunday, April 10, 2005

Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

I know I haven't updated for a couple of weeks but I've been Boring Mel, more or less. I've been attempting to catch up with uni work, and save some money. Also my editor and another writer have gone away on holidays so I'm going to be kept busy at work for a couple of weeks.

However, I finally booked my flights to Istanbul today, after much hassle. Basically, because all the airlines are hiking up their prices thanks to Anzac Day, if I wanted an airfare for under 300 quid I have to go on a dodgy airline and have a brief stop-over in Budapest on the way there and back. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, and it's my own fault for not getting organised earlier! Also, to get a flight under 400 quid I had to leave a day earlier, but it means I'll get to spend a full day in Istanbul before the tour gets under way, but I'll miss out on a day of work. But the extra night will be nice and it only costs an extra £19 at the hotel, so I think I can cope with that.

Anywho, I'm going to attempt to write at least one assignment this weekend... wish me luck, for I am the Queen of Procrastination. As is evidenced by the cake baking, kitchen cleaning, bathroom scrubbing, vacuuming, washing ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home