Thursday, March 10, 2005

Home Sweet Home

There are some days here where I really wonder 'what the hell AM I doing here?!'. Mostly it's brought on by loneliness - I still hardly know anyone, and apart from Alice I don't have any friends here really, and I'm finding it very difficult to make friends. People just don't seem to be willing to make friends over here! There's a lot to be said for Australian attitudes, most of it good.

Another thing that brings it on is news from home, when things happen that I feel I should be there for. Like my sister getting assaulted at her work - I want to be able to track down the guy and kick the crap out of him - or my other sister WEARING MY CLOTHES! ooooh - so angry! I gave her the best tirade I could over the phone, but it would have been far more satisfying in person!

And then I think to myself that this is one of those 'once in a lifetime' things, where I'm living somewhere with the opportunity to travel to so many other cool places. And I wonder what I've got back home - no job, no 'home' as such, but all my friends. I'm not coming back for a while, because I know homesickness is a common thing, and I'm sure things will pick up come summer time, and I've still got so much travel I want to do over here.


And now I'm listening to 'David Hasselhoff is Stalking Me', written and produced by my good friends Tony and Alex, aka Tour de Piss. And for the moment everything is okay:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home