Sunday, April 17, 2005

Most Over-Used Pun Ever Award goes to "Phantastic"

The coolest thing about London is that you can just rock up to a theatre after work on a Friday night and see a show. Last night, on a total whim, I decided not to be completely buried in work all weekend and instead go and see Phantom of the Opera, which was just AMAZING. It's so cool being able to see professional theatre companies perfoming these big shows 6 nights a week, as well as matinee performances, and not have to clamour for tickets or wait for the show to come to town, like we do in BrisVegas.

And, like a big sissy girl, I cried during 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' - I always think of Gran when I hear that song. But yes, totally awesome, the cast were fantastic - I think the guy who played Phantom is so much better than Michael Crawford. Lots of theatre-obsessed buffs out there are going to track me down and kill me for saying that, but the fact remains that this guy was awesome. As were the sets - really impressive, especially the masquerade scene.

So yes. I'll stop raving on about how cool Phantom and the theatre scene here is and actually write another assignment.

BUT IT'S JUST SO COOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home