Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow, can't believe it's 2008 already! Has been a whirlwind. A quick recap:

  • Jobs - started a job at the University of the Sunshine Coast in January, where I worked for a few months before land my current job with QPS. The shiftwork is rough, but the work is always interesting.
  • Travel - not as much as I'd like, to be honest. A trip to NZ early in the year was sadly brought on by the devastating circumstances of my friend Cath's passing in London. However there was a cheerier trip to Canberra to visit Alice and Kirri later in the year, and much fun was had!
  • Home - after living for a few months with my sister and her husband, I finally moved out to a nice little unit at Manly West which I share with my housemate Casey. All is well in the jungle!
  • Study - I decided to go back to uni and so enrolled in a Graduation Certificate in Communication. Only did one subject last semester, but got a 7 for it which is a good sign! I'm hoping to change to a Masters degree now. May as well go all the way!
  • Hobbies - still gymming it up, and last year I added distance running to my repetoire as Leah and I completed the 12k Bridge to Brisbane run. Hooray for us! Injury, however, is hampering my continuing with this sport. We started a regular tennis game for a while, but come winter when it got chilly outside we got lazy. I've also taken up singing lessons this year, and progress is being made!
  • Family - we were all really excited this year to learn my sister is expecting her first child in April this year. I'll be an aunty - the best one ever, of course. My lil sis finished high school, my bro started his undergrad, and all is well.
Anywho, to celebrate 2008 a few of us headed to a masked ball at Gianni's at Portside last night. Much fun and merriment was had by all, and we got to witness a scrag fight too which was awesome, totally made my night!

To celebrate Christmas, we had breakfast at Ma's with her side of the family - waffles with ice-cream and maple syrup, fruit, bacon and eggs... mmm I ate so much, it was great! Lunch was then at my housemate's family's place, where more food was eaten - loads of seafood and barbequed goodness. Then back to mum's for a roast turkey dinner, more seafood, and desserts. Much food, pressies, and lots of fun with the family. Good times!

As for 2008, I'm hoping it will bring a bit more travel around Oz - planning trips for Airlie Beach, country Queensland, and hopefully Melbourne and Sydney. And we'll see where else I end up going...

Wishing everyone a fab New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home