Monday, October 24, 2005

Isn't it Romantic?

One of the best purchases I've made since being in the UK is an Art Deco music collection from the Victoria and Albert Museum. Three CDs of pure joy! Think Fred Astaire and Nina Simone.

That aside, it's been a while since I last updated. 'A while' for me constituting a week.:D

So, the general update:

- Very busy week at work last week, and organising my life, culminating in a trip to the bank, and angry phone call to a certain company which made my trip to the bank all but pointless.

- I had Friday off work to show Andy and Sara and their kids around London. The weather started off terribly, but got finer though cold. We ended up hopping on a tour bus which was the best way to see everything at a glance, then we went to Hamley's (THE BEST TOY STORE IN THE WORLD!!! I could seriously spend hours in there) and then to Harrods. It was so lovely to see them again! Hopefully I'll be able to steal a photo off Andy in the near future...

- Saturday night I went to Laura and Dave's jungle party which was rockin. Didn't leave until 3.30am, which is always a good sign! Heaps of people there, and some fabulous costumes. Once I upload my photos I'll post a few up here.

- Sunday, after eventually extracting myself from bed, I met up with my housemates in Piccadilly to discover they were also a little worse for wear. We ended up in Lillywhites, a HUGE sports store that has this sale on the moment ('All stock must go!' type of thing) which was a very good sale, but I'm being a good girl and I didn't buy anything but lunch.

- Went to the accountant this morning which gave me a big relief and I know I'm going to be okay. I guess I knew that all along, I just expected things to be worse. And Inland Revenue actually rang me! SHOCK, HORROR - GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT RINGS PERSON, RATHER THAN JUST EXPECTING THEM TO KNOW SOMETHING'S WRONG! Anywho, I got what I needed for them from the accountant this morning and have faxed that off, so I should get an National Insurance number soon (like Medicare).

- Got the forms I need for the bank, from the company that should have known better given they do this stuff all the time (grrr!), so I can hand those in tomorrow and get all that stuff sorted.

Finally, the ball is rolling!! I'm still going to have a few bills at the end of this, but at least it'll be organised.:) Maybe I'll be able to afford that weekend to Dublin after all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home