Friday, August 26, 2005

Jet-Lagged

I don't know whether anyone will be reading this since I'm back in Oz... but anyway! The flights over here were fairly uneventful - long and sleepless, nothing new. But I felt pretty good on arrival and managed to stay awake all day. Michelle, Mum, Alice and Leah were all there to meet me which was awesome:). Everyone looks really well!

So the last couple of days have been pretty busy - did some running around with Michelle on Wednesday after we got back to her place and I unpacked a bit, had a much-desired shower. Wednesday lunch we had at the Fish Cafe and I had an AWESOME ceasar salad, followed by sushi train for din-dins. Yesterday getting my head off the pillow was a very big task. I could have slept all day. Instead, I crawled out of bed at about 10am and got ready for mum's birthday brunch/lunch. We did a bit of shopping at Balmoral and had really nice salads at the Citrus Cafe. From there, I headed back to mum's and had a go at driving for the first time in eight months - scary!! But after going around the block a few times I headed out into traffic and didn't kill anyone, and my confidence was back. Just like riding a bicycle!

In the afternoon we went to my lil sis's school to pick her up - she had been on camp. Their arrival back to the school was later than expected, so mum and I took a trip down memory lane and walked around the campus. I'm so jealous - they're getting a music hall!!! They've made quite a few changes since I was in high school, most of them good.

We headed back to where the busses were pulling in and one arrived which we thought was the grade elevens, so mum and I didn't pay much attention and kept talking. The next thing I know, I hear this 'OH MY GOD!' and see this girl run across the road lugging a bag and pillow and sleeping bag and crash tackle me. Ammie was back! She was so cute, she just kept saying 'Oh my god!' and hugging me and then started crying! SUPER CUTE! According to her, I'm not allowed to go away for that long ever again. Righto. And apparently I'm 'hot with a PH', whatever the hell that means.

In the evening, Mitch picked me up (hooray! He looks awesome!) and we went in search of some speakers and booze (as you do). After helping me to set up said speakers, he toddled off (here's hoping he got home - the car was not well) and Steve and Sam came over, as did Shell and Jeff and Allie, and we all had dinner for mum's birthday. Then it was sleepy time.

THEN I WOKE UP AT 6.30AM!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THAT?! My body clock is TOTALLY out of whack.

Today mum and I are off to get some more stuff for her party tomorrow night, then she's going to work. I'm going to go for a run/walk by the waterfront (assuming Shadow, Steve's dog, is up to the challenge. She's scared of water), and try and do a few things for the party. Tonight is BOOGIE! We're off to Belushi's to begin with so that I can dance on the podiums (it's been too long!!) and then we'll see how we go from there. I can't wait to see everyone.:)

Tomorrow morning at some ungodly hour I'm going to watch Ammie play hockey, and then get ready for the party. Sunday I might actually have some more time to see friends, you never know! Have to go visit Andy and Maria at their respective Shingle Inns, assuming Maria's still at Indro, set up a hair appointment for my lil sis and pick up my tickets for my flights back to London.

Oh, and apparently I have an accent. Which, according to Mitch, is 'cute', but I understand why I have it - walking around yesterday hearing some of the Aussie women speak really grated on my ear! I'll try and get some photos tonight and put them up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home