Friday, August 12, 2005

Bodies, Fictional TV Characters and Nebulae

The last week or so I've been extremely busy at work, trying to get all my stuff done before I head back home. It struck me today just how diverse my workload is, though, after I stopped to think of what I have achieved the last few days. Specifically, I've written about nebulae, arson investigation, Tracy Beaker games, sacred ground, norse Gods, the ABI-310 genetic analyser, Celebrity Killers and revised two interviews.

I really do have the oppotunity to learn a great deal of useless information here!

Anyway, other than that, not much to report. Going to have to push back lunch with Alex and Anna to next week (squeezing it in around cleaning and packing), and my tickets for New York arrived today - finally! - which is pretty cool. It's pretty awesome thinking that last year I spent New Year's Eve in London, this year will be in New York and next year ... well, who knows?:)

I've also started compiling a list of the things I want to do/have/eat when I'm back in Oz. I've got four weeks to achieve the following:

1. A decent ceasar salad - meaning, a salad with EGG, BACON, CROUTONS, SHAVED PARMESAN CHEESE, a DECENT DRESSING, and CHICKEN. You have no idea how horrible the salads are here. Bluuuurgh.
2. Fish and chips - yes, apparently England is famed for its Fish 'n Chips. Don't believe a word of that trollop. The chips are fabulous (dare I say, better that Aussie chips) but the fish is repulsive.
3. STEAK! Medium-rare! - It is impossible to get a decent steak in this country, let alone medium-rare. It's either charcoal or still mooing.
4. Drinks at the Pig n Whistle in the Queen Street Mall.
5. Visit Andy and Maria at their respective Shingle Inn's.
6. Go to Ikea with Mike and Philipa to get their engagement present.
7. Dance on the podiums at Belushi's.
8. Go to Mooloolaba and visit Kerryn.
9. Go swimming IN THE SEA. - I never thought I'd crave that as much as I do.
10. Play with Poppy-Cat.
11. See my little sister play Hockey.
12. See my little bro play footy - and by footy, I mean REAL football (AFL) as oppose to Soccer.
13. Buy a State of Origin jersey - the female version.
14. Buy a Wallabies jersey - again, the female version.
15. Dinner/Breaky at the Fish Cafe with my sis and my bro-in-law.
16. Dinner at Jackpot Noodle with the drinking kids.
17. The RE or the Victory with The Kids.

Notice how a lot of that revolves around drinking/eating? I'll come back here as fat as a house. At least I will have enjoyed myself! After all, that's what holidays are for, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Real footy?! Don't you know much much you just contradicted yourself just then? :p

I've already made this argument many times before, see this from a while back:

http://lucascosti.com/blog/index.php?blogid=60

I figured a journalist would have better respect for the logical and rational use of the English language!

9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home