Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sumo Wrestlers

Just watching a classic James Bond - 'The Man with the Golden Gun' - there's something to make you smile!

Today was weird, very surreal. I took the tube from Waterloo, which is usually packed at that hour, as it was yesterday...and the carriages were only half full. Usually you fight for standing room, today there were seats spare. I have a feeling most of the network was like that today. Coming home it was a little more crowded, but again not nearly as packed as it usually is.

In other news - This weekend I'm giving Casey 'Mel's Illustrious Walking Tour de Londres'. Casey is a friend of Cinda, a friend of mine from uni. And in classic six-degrees of separation that accompanies Brisbanites, her brother played footy with my brother, and she worked at the Fish Cafe with my older sister, a couple of months after I left there. Casey arrived in the UK on the 24th, and I met up with her Wednesday night for a drink and a wander around the streets. Tomorrow we're hoping to see a bit of the city, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's all back up and running.

Hehehe...I love how in these old 007 movies all the Asian people automatically are karate experts. And the villains are all crazy deformed rich people. If there's no evil giant, there's an evil midget, or someone with glass eyes or diamond teeth or whatever. And the standard 2.3 Bond Girls (sometimes extended to 3.3 - the .3 is for MoneyPenny).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plus if Bond were actually real today like he was in the 60s or 70s, he wouldn't get any because he is an unashamed chauvinistic pig. hehe

8:42 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home