Saturday, June 11, 2005

I Like to Party

Well I've had a very busy week, far too social and not nearly productive enough as far as assignments go. But there's all weekend for that....sort of.:)

Thursday my chocolate cake was a complete success, if I do say so myself. But apparently the smells of it cooking were wafting down the hallway and kept my housemates awake. So I've promised to bake the boys a chocolate cake at some point.

Thursday night Jess Ross was in town. Jess is a girl I used to work with at Justice, and is now living in New York. Her cousin lives in London, and they had just been on a tour of Ireland together. So Jess was in town for one night only, and we celebrated with a big catch-up and gossip session and drank a whole lot of alcohol and ate a big slice of chocolate fudge cake *drools*. That cake was SO GOOD. Anywho, Jess is still her funky self and looks fabulous, so it was great to see her. Couple that with Jaimee and Beth came along, and it was four ex-Public Affairs personnel in one place in London.:) Kinda weird, actually. But here are a couple of photos:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jess, striking a pose like there's nothing to it, vogue..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From left, Jaimee, me, Beth and Jess, at the Railway pub in Putney.

Last night I went out with Dani and her girlfriend, Lauretta, and a bunch of their friends to a pub in Fulham Broadway. We had a few drinks there, then went to dinner next door at this fabulous Thai place, then back to the pub for a few more drinks and a boogie. It turned out my housemate had been in the same pub all night, we just hadn't seen each other. May have had something to do with the fact we were both kinda blotto by the end of it.:D Here are some photos from last night:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me, Dani, Lauretta...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Their friend, Lachie and Nicole...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
More friends!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Even more friends! These guys were great - we danced the night away!

Today I'm going to make decent progress on my other assignment, before heading off to Heathrow this afternoon to say goodbye to Kristine. She's been here two years now so has to go back to Kiwiland, which is kinda sad.

And tomorrow - I don't care if the weather is still this FABULOUS, NO GOING OUT MELANIE. YOU STAY PUT AND WRITE ASSIGNMENTS.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah! You never told me you had a blog! Expect lotsa comments!

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home