Friday, June 24, 2005

Tennis and Pebbles

I suppose I should say SOMETHING about the tennis, given I live in the suburb where it's being held.:) Suffice it to say that a combination of the beautiful warm weather, the late sunsets (yesterday was the Summer Solstice - I was walking home last night about 10pm and the sun was still setting:) - awesome!) and the tennis means Wimbledon is really buzzing at the moment. About the time I was walking home there were streams of people walking down the hill from the village, and on the busses, and in cars, all coming from the tennis. The pubs and restaurants are burgeoning at the moment, and there's a great vibe in the air. The only downside is, of course, the train station has been bedlam in the mornings, but I'll get over it.

As for actually going to the Tennis, working full-time is putting a stop to that, as is my trip to Paris and paying for flights for the end of September. Never mind, there's always next year! In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the atmosphere.

This weekend I'm going down to Brighton. Although the weather isn't expected to stay so lovely, I'm determined to go and try and make the most of any sunshine and warm weather. There are storms predicted, but the sunshine is supposed to come out on Sunday. I'm staying in a hotel right on the esplanade, which should be good - very close to all the attractions. I'll go Saturday morning, do some sight-seeing, stay over Saturday night, and come back Saturday afternoon ... and hopefully get a swim in there somewhere! I may be being overly optimistic, but we'll see how we go...

Anyway, for now I'm enjoying the lovely warm weather - even if I am working in an office with no air conditioning and only a few little fans - and experiencing being a blonde for the first time in about 5 years.:D Got it done last night after netball. Speaking of netball: Definition of 'hot' - playing centre for a full game of netball in the sun when it's 30 degrees. I seriously nearly died - I have no idea how I got through that, but there you go! Of course today I'm utterly exhausted, hence why it's going to be a very relaxed night in tonight.

Less than a week til Paris now!:) Huzzah!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really obvious, but Tuesday was Winter Solstice here... my god it has been so freezing! Under 6 degrees last night.. and yet we went out anyway... how silly. :)

10:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving the cold here! It's awesome, no sweat at all! (which is pretty rare for Sir Sweat-a-lot here)

Go winter, go winter, it's your birthday...

*no need to point out lameness*

11:07 am  
Blogger Melanie said...

But...but.... It really was lame!:D

The important part is, you've admitted you have a problem. THat's always the hardest step. Only eleven to go!:D

6:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home