Monday, June 20, 2005

Life

My great-grandmother died early this morning (my time). At 94, it wasn't a bad innings at all. She had two heart attacks, but they still thought she'd be strong enough to pull through. Apparently not. Her mind was completely gone though. My sister visited her a few weeks ago and apparently she had no idea who she was, and kept thinking she was my great-aunt Claire. I don't think she even realised her daughter had died.

I really REALLY wish I was home right now to be there for my Pop. He's lost his wife, his sister and his mother in the space of 10 months. It just doesn't seem fair. It explains why when I rang him the other night he was so distant - MoreGran was in hospital by then, she'd had a fall apparently.

Anyway, Rest in Peace MoreGran. Right to the end she was an inspiration and greatly respected.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My commiserations to you and your family

10:38 pm  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks Lucas:)

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home