Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So what happens now?

Well!

I just finished my LAST EVER ASSIGNMENT (assuming I pass), and the relief is almost instantaneous. I can't believe how quickly the last four-and-a-half years have gone. It's just surreal.

Because they have the graduation ceremonies in July at UQ, I'm not going to go to mine. But meh, the thought of sitting around for AGES to be handed a piece of paper doesn't appeal to me, although it would have been nice to have a pic in the robes and hat holding the piece of paper. I'm sure we can have some fun with photoshop:D.

So what happens now? I'm certainly not going back to uni! I'm going to enjoy a life without assignments constantly hanging over my head. I might do a DTP course in a couple of years or something, who knows, but it'd only be a TAFE thing - I couldn't go through uni again! Sure, it was fun while it lasted, but constant assessment, coupled with no time to enjoy yourself, kinda doesn't appeal to me any more.

Onto other news - and Jody and I booked our accommodation in Paris yesterday. We're staying in the suburb of Champs Elysees, not far from the tourist attraction itself. I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to this!

In a weekend round-up - after the frivolities on Friday evening, Saturday morning I worked on my assignments before wondering off to Heathrow to say goodbye to Kristine, who has moved back to NZ after two years here. So that was kind of sad. Saturday night I stayed in to work on, you guessed it, assignments. Sunday mornign was much of the same until Jody rang and we went to a pub in Putney for a couple of drinks and a meal. On the way home, I was walking past one of the many pubs in Wimbledon and saw my housemate in one of them, so I joined him and his friend for a drink rather than go home and do assignment things. Typical:). Then Dani rang and ended up crashing on our floor last night. So yes, I've managed to fill up my free time quite easily.

Tomorrow night I'm off to a BBQ with the girls from my netball team. A 'bonding' session, which is more just an excuse to eat and drink. Having said that, I started a detox today, so none of the following:

- alcohol
- tea or coffee (apart from herbal teas)
- red meat
- chocolate (this one is going to kill me!)
- sweets
- white rice, bread etc.
- dairy products (also a toughie!)

Realistically, it's not that different to the diet I keep myself on now - fruit, veg, chicken. But I do love my cheese and tea, so that's had to stop. It should be interesting to say the least, but I'm determined to do it.

After all, I have a an awesome black dress I have to fit into in Paris.:D And that's all that matters, right?;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That detox is terrible...

Hasn't anyone told you you need carbs and dairy??? otherwise you will DIE

I'm on a 'diet' which is really just a very structured healthy eating plan. It's called the CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet. You actually get to eat heaps of stuff but still lose weight and its backed up by scientific evidence (ie CSIRO). I recommend you get yourself a copy and do IT instead of silly detox thing. You'll be just as healthy, and it helps you get to your correct weight.

there, that's my lecture for the day :)

11:56 am  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ah Leah, my sweet! The detox is only for two weeks. You get all the stuff out of your system and then go back to your regular diet.

So don't worry! I'm not going to DIE!;)

I can't live without cheese and vegemite on toast:)

11:02 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home