Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Goodbyes and Baking

I suppose I should update on what I've been up to on the weekend. Friday night I went to dinner with Dani and Lauretta - a very quiet affair to say goodbye to them as they head Oz-side. It was just Dani, Lauretta, me, Laura and her friend Mizzy (sp?). Weirdest thing ever - Laura I had met a couple of months ago through Jaimee. It turns out she went to high school with Lauretta, but we didn't make that connection until a couple of weeks ago. Bizzarro World! So that was cool. We just went to a little thai place in Fulham that we'd been to before. Photos:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday morning I went to the Dentist (bleh!) and have to book in to get a root canal done in the next few weeks. Oh boy, can't wait. After that, the weather was BEAUTIFUL, and I needed to go to the Australia Shop, so I went into Covent Garden. We're talking amazing weather at the moment - the last four or five days have been high 20s, it was 33 degrees on Friday! It's bright and clear and hot, I'm absolutely loving it and I never thought I'd say that. But I guess it's okay if it's only for a few weeks of the year, rather than the four months of the year it's like back home! So I wandered around the city and took in all the street performers in Covent Garden, looked on with amusement at the people cooling their feet in the fountains in Trafalga square, and wandered across the Westminster bridge... it was wonderful:).

Saturday night I went to Jody's and we wandered over the bridge into Putney and got some dinner then wandered back to her place where we Kill Billed the night away.

Sunday I had plans on heading into Hyde Park because it was a beautiful day again, but alas a massive migraine burrowed its way into my head and I found myself lying on the couch all afternoon, unable to get up because of my head. Ugh. I hate migraines. I haven't had one that bad for a while actually. We're talking incessant throbbing, muscle cramps all over, extreme sudden tiredness, forced horizontal position... ouchies.:(

Monday night, however, I was back to my usual self and Jody, and Jody from work (yes, TWO Jody's!) went to a trivia night in aid of cancer research. Okay, firstly let me just say the questions were a)English-centric; b)for Old people:D. And by 'old', I of course mean older than me. So anyway, we didn't do TOO badly I suppose. We came third-last...but that's not LAST!:D We got most of the muppets questions right...

As to the week ahead, not a great deal happening. Went to the gym tonight, netball and a hair cut and colour tomorrow night (finally!), and the weekend is still unclaimed, so I guess we'll wait and see what pops up on the social radar. Anything can happen in this crazy universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home