Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ashes and Aeroplanes

Well the Ashes is the talk of the town here at the moment, which certainly makes a pleasant change from terrorism and social problems that have become the filler of newspapers.

And, shock horror!, there have been news items on BBC in the morning about THE ENVIRONMENT. Whoa! The world is going completely crazy!!!

In other news, I moved to Jody's place on Sunday which was a bit of an effort. I can't believe how much stuff I've managed to accumulate in the past 8 months. No furniture or anything, just clothes, shoes, make-up, stationery etc etc etc... It was a lot, suffice to say, to fit in Jody's flat. But she's a gem-and-a-half and we've managed to squish it into a corner.

Also, including today, it's only four days left of work before the weekend and then - *drumroll* - I'm on a plane! Hooray!

This weekend is going to be super-busy: Saturday I'm cleaning the flat and trying to go shopping for some last-minute things, and Sunday I'm meeting up with Anna and Alex (finally!). Monday I don't have to be at the airport til 6ish, so I've got the day to do my last-minute washing and packing and things.

And of course, because it's a weekday and I have to be in an office, the weather today is GLORIOUS - 25 degrees and sunny, and tomorrow is going to be 27 degrees. *sigh!* There had better be some sunshine in Oz when I get home! *shakes fist at Mother Nature*

Oh and I'm a bad, BAD godmother/cousin - I know Kaitlin's birthday is August, and I have a feeling it's the 22nd, but I also have a feeling it's the 14th... and then I have the feeling that I actually have no idea. So in spite of this, this is a birthday shoutout:

Happy Birthday Kaitlin!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home