Saturday, December 18, 2004

Packity McPackPack

1 Week and 3 Days to go....
Packing with earnest happened this week, but the major part of it will happen tomorrow. Afterall, that's what weekends are for, right?
So I've packed up all my books, which was about four large cartons, and have sorted the clothes that I'm going to leave behind from the ones I'm taking with me and the stuff I'm giving away. I've cleaned out my drawers and wardrobes, and packed up all my photos and little trinkets and things. This weekend will be the kitchen stuff, and I'm selling my table and chairs and a few other things due to me stressing about money and the like.
WHY AM I DOING THIS?
At any rate, everything WILL be organised.
I saw my mum for the last time this morning - she leaves for Perth tomorrow with my little sister, and my older sister and her husband are in Hamburg, so I saw them for the last time last week. It's all a little scary. Michelle rang me last night for my birthday, and apparently when they were in Copenhagen at the beginning of the week she almost had her digital camera stolen. They were walking back from a castle they had visited when she felt someone tug at her camera case, which was under her arm. She turned around and checked her bag and felt it was gone, and grabbed the guy behind her and started yelling english expletives at him, and demanding her camera back - which he then produced and tried to spit at her before walking away. How disgusting! I've already gotten safety tips from my mum's neighbours, who are from London. I'm sure I'll be fine - I've always been pretty vigilant in my travels, and I haven't had anything stolen before, even in Hong Kong, where the markets are notorious for pickpockets.
I'm moving back to mum's house next week. There are good and bad points to this - the major negative being my brother will be there, but the major positive is there's lots of food there:) and my cat. Now I've just got to work out how to get to the airport next Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home