Monday, January 17, 2005

Things, things, things...

I've finally decided on a name for my company that I'm setting up - Screaming Flea Media.

My mum will know where that came from;).

Anywho, initially I was going to set it up just because I'm being employed and paid as a freelancer, so by setting up a company I can pay less tax and claim things like a computer and phone when tax time comes around. But then I got to thinking that perhaps I could have a viable business here - the basic idea being I am a source for freelance writers and designers mostly in Australia, but eventually world-wide. I already have friends who are writers/designers in places all over the world, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind a bit of extra cash. So it's a source for both big and small projects. For instance, like what happens at the company I work for, they are contacted by companies such as MGM to produce magazines about their shows. I could source that sort of work, as well as smaller projects. For instance, if something happens like the Tsunami and a newspaper or magazine needs the story, and I have writers on my books who are in those areas, I can source them.

So I'm going to register my business name after the financial year here ends in April, and in the meantime go about setting up my website and all the other sorts of things one has to do.

I'm pretty excited about it:). I really think I could make something of this...obviously it'd take a while, probably a few years, before it becomes somehting I can do full-time viably, but I'd really like to do it. And I really think this is where the future lies...

Apart from that, it's been a good weekend - did a bit of a wander yesterday and had dinner at Kris and Darren's - friends of Alice - last night. And I didn't get up until 11 this morning:). Back to the grind tomorrow however.

And write to me!!! I love getting letters - I've already sent a few back home so hopefully you'll get them soon. If you want my address again, just e-mail me.:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home