Sunday, January 16, 2005

Time for an update!

It's certainly been a busy week, but an exciting one nonetheless. First things first, my job - so far I'm absolutely loving it. I get to write about the most insane stuff, and the crew there are fantastic. Great sense of humour and lots of fun to be around. I had my first real London drinking experience on Thursday night, courtesy of the guy I'm replacing having goodbye drinks. Turns out he's not really much of a drinker. However, I didn't pay for one drink all night, which was great for my wallet, not so great for my head! But I survived - after we went to the pub near work, a few of us (including the boss) moved on to London Bridge and finished the night off there. I was fine apart from a slight headache - I refused to have sambulca shots. So work yesterday was good. We went to a different pub for lunch - it's called the Mayflower, right on the Thames, really really old. It's one heating element is a fireplace.

I also had another drinking experience with Alice last night, after we had a bottle of wine at dinner. There is a pub up in Wimbledon Village called the Dog and Fox where a bunch of Aussies work, so they were playing Pete Murray and Crowded House and all those sorts of patriotic tunes. It was fun until we got kicked out at 11.30 - we were the last ones to leave:). Walking home was interesting.

In other news, Alice started thinking about quitting her job to go travelling, and she hated her workplace, on Tuesday, and did it yesterday. So she's now unemployed but she'll still get her next month's pay and her holiday pay. She's planning on moving back to a friend's house near here before she goes travelling in Europe before the money runs out. So I'm going to miss her again, but on the upside Richard and Dan are fine with me staying here and taking over Alice's room, so no more flat-hunting and I actually have a semi-permanent address now. I'm staying in Wimbledon which is great cos it's lovely.

Apart from that, that's pretty much all that's happening. Looking forward to Disneyland and Paris next weekend, and I'm sure I'll take heaps of photos and put them on here:).

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks Dave! I'm really looking forward to Wimbledon actually - I plan to get there quite early and do the line-up thing, but if I can get cheap tickets before it starts I'll go that way. Can't wait for the strawberries and cream and champagne!

Hope you and yours are well!:)

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home