Thursday, January 06, 2005

The job search begins in earnest!

Today I had an interview for a sub-editor/writer position for Stargate SG-1 magazine and CSI magazine - such a sweet gig! It's very similar to the operation and atmosphere of Scene Mag, and the same sort of conent. Basically they're fan mags, and they're produced in conjunction with MGM. Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping (the stars of the show, for those who have yet to be introduced to Stargate) even look over it in the approvals process. Very sweet job. I hope I get it - the interview went well, I have to submit a 100-word piece on Telekenisis (don't ask, it's a long story), and it's such a great little office. Only thing is you get paid as a freelancer, not on a payroll, so I'd have to sort out my tax and all that sort of crap myself. Bluuuurgh. It's about £120 a day, five days a week, 9.30-5 each day. So about 600 pounds gross - or about 1500 Australia dollars - a week. Pretty sweet, except from what I've heard they'll take about a third of that in tax.


I also had an interview yesterday with the recruitment agency that Alice works for - Robert Walters. I'm interested in a Bid Writer job they've got going there, but also for temp work if I can't find anything else, so I'm going to ring them soon and find out what they've got for me, if anything.


And today I FINALLY found a handbag! I braved Regent street which, luckily, was nowhere near as busy as last week, and after a few hours and many frustrations I finally found the perfect bag - long enough strap to go over my shoulder, plainish black, big enough to fit my crap in but not too big - for 45 pounds. By this stage, I was so over the never-ending search that I bought it. It was marked down from 90 pounds, so I think I did okay.


And now, off to make phone calls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home