Saturday, January 22, 2005

A hole in my bucket.

The last few days have been quite 'mild' (the Brits love to use that word) which has been fantastic. I don't feel terribly cold most of the time...until today. They're forcasting the possibility of snow for the end of this weekend, and today I'm already feeling the cooler weather change. I don't think I'll go out much today! I've looked at the forcast for Paris this weekend and it's much the same story, except getting down to negative four and negative six degrees, Saturday and Sunday respectively, and only maximums of 6 degrees, so it should be interesting. They're forcasting snow for Paris as well, but not until Sunday nght, when we'll be Eurostarring it back to London. So hopefully all the rides at Disneyland will be available. I have to do the Pirates of the Carribean ride and the tea cups, and get my photo taken with the Mad Hatter and March Hare.

Our train leaves at 6.30 tomorrow morning, which means we have to take a 5.30 train from Wimbledon. Yuck yuck yuck. But as Alice and I are both poor, cabs are not an option. I'm down to my last ten pounds today, but I was paid yesterday. The only problem being that I can't cash my pay cheque until I get a bank account, and I can't do that until Tuesday when I have an appointment at HSBC. Even then I may not be able to get it because of lack of 'proof of address'. However, there are places around that will cash cheques, but they do take a percentage of it. Luckily my friend Justine, a fellow Aussie, has been there done that and has offered me a bit of money to get through the weekend, which I'll pay back to her when I eventually get my bank account up and running.

Other than that, not a lot happening. Had a fantastic inteview yesterday with Suanne Braun, who played Hathor on Stargate. She's fantastic! We had an absolute ball and went through two bottles of wine - all very professional - and spoke for about 2 and a half hours. Really very lovely.

And now I should really get back to work and finish transcribing said interview...well, at least the first twenty minutes of it anyway.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home